Uganda’s People’s Congress (UPC) party has been left out on the new shadow cabinet.
While announcing the 22 member shadow cabinet on Tuesday, the new leader of Opposition Winnie Kiiza who was flanked by the Opposition Forum for Democratic Change (FDC) president Mugisha Muntu said UPC could not be included in cabinet because Lira Municipality MP Jimmy Akena’s UPC faction had decided to form alliance with the ruling National Resistance Movement (NRM).
Kiiza says UPC was left out because the Jimmy Akena faction that controls parliament is in talks with the NRM over the possibility of forming an alliance.
This follows the recent appointment of Akena’s wife Betty Amongi as Lands Minister.
However, UPC Secretary General Edward Segganyi says Amongi’s appointment came as a surprise to them as well so the party should not be isolated for it.
1. Winnie Kizza – Leader of Opposition
2. Niwagaba Wilfred – Attorney General
3. Medard Segoona – Constitutional Affairs
4. Akol Anthony – Finance
5. Adeke Ann – Youth & Children
6. Ariko Herbert – Public Service
7. Akello Lucy – Gender
8. Gonahasa Francis – Agriculture
9. Ongiertho Emmanuel – Education
10. Allan Ssewanyana – Sports
11. Olanya Gilbert – Defense
12. Muwanga Kivumbi – Internal Affairs
13. Mathias Mpuuga – Presidency
14. Michael Kabaziguruka – KCCA
15. Katushabe Godfrey – Foreign Affairs
16. Apollo Kantinti – Information
17. Nzoghu William – Works
18. Oguzu Denis – Science & Technology
19. Centenary Robert – Tourism
20. Zaake Francis – Industries
21. Ochen Julius – Health
22. Sizoomu Gershom – Disaster Preparedness