Infections, odors and irritations are things that all women have to deal with at one point in their lives.
What most do not know is that what you eat directly influences your vaginal health.
Food influences your vagina’s PH and how it smells and even how it tastes.
Here are ten locally available foods guaranteed to keep your vagina healthy and happy.
- Garlic – It may not be your best lunch option especially when you have a hot date afterwards but garlic, eaten raw does have amazing antifungal and antimicrobial qualities.
Allicin, the ingredient that is responsible for its strong smell is the same ingredient that contains healing qualities. It kills off yeast.
For women already suffering from a yeast infection, garlic will also help ease the classic symptoms. The benefits, if you ask me, far outweigh the unpleasant smell.
- Sweet potatoes – If you are trying to lose some weight, sweet potatoes will come in as a handy substitute for unhealthy breakfast choices.
While you’re at it, it will please you to know that sweet potatoes are packed with Vitamin A which helps keep the uterus walls strong. It also stirs the body to produce sex hormones which keep you energetic.
- Avocado – Avocados are a source of healthy fats. These fats take care of your sexual health by keeping your vaginal walls healthy. They also contain Vitamin B6 and Potassium both of which will give your libido a boost.
- Natural yoghurt – With its probiotic qualities, natural yoghurt helps keep your vaginal PH levels normal. As yoghurt introduces good bacteria in your body, it will help ward off those yeast infections and UTI’s.
- Leafy greens – You know that easting your greens is good for skin and keeps your hair bouncy and glossy. What you might not know is that leafy greens will also keep your vagina from drying out. They achieve this by helping with the body’s blood circulation.
- Pumpkin seeds – They may not be the most delicious thing you consume but pumpkin seeds contain a high level of Zinc which will both regularize your period and regulate your hormones. Zinc will also keep away itching.
- Hot chilies – On your next vegetable shopping trip, make sure to throw in some hot chilies. These contain capsaicin which is helps with blood circulation and also stimulates your nerve endings. Hot chilies may be just what you need for better sexual stimulation.
- Nuts and seeds – Nuts and seeds contain high levels of Vitamin E as well as oils. Both of these are great at keeping the vaginal walls well lubricated.
- Dark chocolate – Chocolate isn’t known as a woman’s best friend for nothing. Dark chocolate is rich in antioxidants which improve blood flow to sexual organs which increases satisfaction as well as desire. It also contains magnesium which keeps the lady bits healthy.
- Water – While drinking plenty of water is good for your general health, it also goes a long way in keeping your vagina healthy and vibrant.
The vaginal mucous membrane require water to keep them functioning properly.
To keep your vagina well lubricated and to keep the funny smells away, drink at least eight glasses of water a day.
Full credit to Nairobi News