Thirteen Rwandans have been flown back from Zambia after nationals attacked and destroyed their businesses.
Xenophobic attacks raged last week in Zambian capital Lusaka resulting into the burning alive of two people.
The attackers accused foreigners of carrying out ritual killings.
Zambian police swung into action and arrested 262 people for allegedly attacking Rwandan nationals and looting over 60 shops.
Abel Buhungu, the Charge d’Affaires at the High Commission of Rwanda in Zambia, told The New Times that the commission in liaison with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Rwanda, finalised repatriation arrangements for thirteen Rwandans affected by the attacks.
“These are among those that lost property and lifetime savings during the riots and were thus left with nothing in Zambia to fall back on,” Buhungu said.
The 13 left Lusaka aboard Rwandair on Sunday at 1600hrs.
They are part of the 50 Rwandans who sought refuge at the High Commission in Lusaka.
Zambian President Edgar Lungu issued special orders and the military was also deployed to support the Police in efforts to reign in the chaos.