The ruling National Resistance Movement [NRM] party Central Executive Committee [CEC] last evening approved names of Members of Parliament to the Appointments Committee who will select the new cabinet ministers.
The meeting chaired by President Yoweri Museveni approved 20 names on a committee that will approve ministers, judges, heads of government departments and agencies to serve in the next term of office as decided by the State House Entebbe meeting.
Independent MPs are also part of the Appointments Committee.
According to a CEC resolution Wednesday, NRM will take 20 positions and dish out the rest to the army and opposition parties.
The strongest opposition party, Forum for Democratic Change [FDC] was given two positions, the oldest party Uganda People’s Congress [UPC] took one, Democratic Party [DP] took one and Uganda People’s Defence Force [UPDF] also took one.
As we learnt, vetting for positions of Vice President and Prime Minister were high on the agenda with the biggest challenge president by the choice of VP.
Here are the names of representatives to Parliament’s Appointments Committee:
- Arinaitwe Rwakajara (Workers)
- Hilary Onek (Lamwo County )
- Nabbanja Robinah (Kibaale District)
- Bahati David (Ndorwa West)
- Balyeku Moses Grace (Jinja West)
- Hellen Adoa (Serere District)
- Rwakoojo Robinah (Gomba West)
- Dr. Moriku Joyce (Moyo District )
- Obiga Kania Mario (Terego East )
10 . Asamo Hellen (PWD MP Eastern Region)
- Makumbi Henry K. (Mityana South)
- Nakayenze Connie (Mbale District )
- Okori-moe Janet (Abim District )
14 . Rwakimari Beatrice (Ntungamo District)
- Omony Oscar Otema (Youth MP Northern)
16 . Yeri Ofwono Apollo (Tororo Municipality)
- Chekamondo Rukia (Kapchorwa District)
- Nakatte Lillian Seguja (Luwero District)
19 . Olega Ashraf Noah (Aringa County)
20 . Kafuuzi Jackson Karugaba (Kyaka South)