Muloni on foul play in Mutende, Aronda death

Minister for Energy and Minierals Irene Muloni in an interview with the New vision on her new assignment as the Minister of energy. June 1, 2011. PHOTO BY MARK OWOR STOR BY HENRY MUKASA.

Energy Minister Irene Muloni

Prayers for Industry Minister, James Mutende, were Thursday held at St. Andrews Cathedral in Mbale town.

The requiem service was attended by Energy Minister Irene Muloni, Minister David Wakikona, Simon Mulongo, Micheal Werihike, and former Minister Beatrice Wabudeya.

Muloni chairs the committee chaired formed by Prime Minister, Ruhakana Rugunda, to coordinate arrangements for the burial of Mutende.

Speaking on behalf of government, Muloni said the concurrent death of General Aronda Nyakarima and Mutende had shocked cabinet.

Gen Aronda died while transiting from South Korea to Dubai a month ago.

A post-mortem report indicated that the former army commander had died of acute heart failure.

Mutende, on the other hand, died on 3rd October 2015 at his home.

His wife, Lydia Wanyoto, says the minister vomited blood and passed on before they can get him medical help.

Post-mortem results released by government showed that Mutende died of liver and lung complications.

Rugunda tabled the post-mortem findings before parliament while the body of the former minister laid in state.

The post-mortem was conducted jointly by Dr. Moses Byaruhanga, a Forensic Pathologist and Head of the Police Health Services, Dr. Kalungi Sam and Dr. Male Mutumba, both Consultant Pathologists in the Ministry of Health and Senior Government Analyst and Toxicologist Mubiru Andrew.

Eng Muloni said the post mortem report indicated Mutende died of natural causes and it is beyond dispute.

She asked residents to accept the verdict of the report and stop finger pointing because there was no foul play in Mutende’s death.


Earlier in the day, hundreds of mourners were left stranded last evening in St. Andrew’s Cathedral in Mbale after government failed to deliver the body of the late.

According to the funeral programme, government was expected to airlift Mutende’s body to Mbale on Wednesday.

Hundreds of mourners thronged St. Andrew’s Cathedral and sung songs of praise and worship in anticipation of the body in vain.

The mourners were shocked when Bishop Titus Kutosi turned up after 7pm and announced that the chartered-plane that was meant to deliver the body had failed to land because of bad weather.

Deo Matsanga, a coordinator of the burial committee to URN that the chartered plane was meant to land in Tororo but couldn’t make it because of bad weather.


Theinsider Uganda is a news publishing website. We are located at Suite G25 Metroplex Shopping mall, Naalya Kampala Uganda.
Enter ad code here

Copyright © 2016 Theinsider Uganda. Unearthing the truth

To Top