MTN’s unveils ‘Easter ENYONGEZA’ with special discounts on smart phones.
Visit mtn.co.ug/devicemagazine for the full range of device offers from MTN
MTN Uganda, the best network for smartphones is offering special discounts on different smart devices and related data gadgets in an on-going Easter promo dubbed ‘Enyongeza’.
The Easter Enyongeza promotion, which started on 18th March 2016, and stretches through the Easter period offers customers some of the best smart phones discounts (up to 30 percent). And with every purchase comes FREE data bundles, hence the theme “Enyongeza”.
In addition to the Nyongeza device deals, customers can also choose and buy from a wide range of smart devices, which include the newly launched 4G Samsung Galaxy S7 and the S7 Edge. Another recently launched Samsung, the S6, is being offered at a 9% discount. Other devices on offer include the MTN Smart Series – the range of MTN branded, low budget data enabled phones. Under the same umbrella campaign MTN is also offering best 3G device deals that come with FREE bundles at very competitive prices. They include brands such as the LG, Google, Alcatel, Huawei and ZTE.
According to Mapula Bodibe, the company’s Chief Marketing Officer, the objective of this promotion is not only to bring excitement during the season but its also the continuation of the brand’s effort to ensure that MTN customers anywhere in Uganda can afford and have access to affordable communications including reliable Internet.
“By offering discounts on smartphones in the market, we’re removing the barrier to entry for so many people who have so far not been able to access fast Internet because of the type of handset they have. MTN has gone a step further by offering free data bundles on top of the competitively priced devices”
The devices on offer can be found in all MTN service Centres all over the country.
The ‘Enyongeza’ range of smartphones on offer include:
- LG G3 now at 1,295,000 (from 1,850,000)
- LG Google Nexus5 now at 870,000 (from 1,250,000)
- Alcatel Idol Alpha now at 730,000(from 1,050,000)
- Huawei g7 now at 800,000, (from 1,050,000)
- ZTE Switch V796 now at 105,000 (from 150,000)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab s8.4 now at 1,040,000 (from 1,485,000)
- Samsung galaxy a3 now at 630,000 (from 900,000)
- Nokia lumia 1520 phablet now at 890,000 (from 1,278,000)
- Nokia lumia 920 now at 720,000 (from 780,000)
- Central to MTN’s strategy to connect Ugandans onto the Internet is the drive to increase the penetration of affordable 3G devices on our network.
- In July 2015, MTN for the first time launched a 4G network extending beyond Kampala, across all corners of Uganda, to enable high speed internet access for its customers
- MTN Uganda network rollout and investment during 2015, a number of 163 sites were added to make the cumulative total of 1,567 sites on the network. This was attributed to 163 (2G), 100 (3G) and 80 (4G LTE) sites.
- While 2G covers 89 percent of Uganda total area 3G coverage is reported at 57 percent of Uganda population
- Network performance highlights MTN Uganda’s quality of service continued to improve with drop call rate reported at 0.42% and call success rate reported at 99.67%. The network upload speeds were on average 2Mbps per user while the download speeds were 3Mbps per user.
About MTN Uganda
Launched in 1998, MTN Uganda is the leading communications operator in Uganda, offering Mobile and Fixed telecommunications, Mobile Money Services and Internet Service Provisioning. As of 31st December 2015, MTN Uganda recorded 8.9 million subscribers across Uganda. Visit us at www.mtn.co.ug and for our football fans www.mtnfootball.com. Customers can also follow us on www.youtube.com/mtnug and www.twitter.com/mtnug for assistance.
About the MTN Group
Launched in 1994, the MTN Group is a leading emerging market operator, connecting subscribers in 22 countries in Africa and the Middle East. The MTN Group is listed on the JSE Securities Exchange in South Africa under the share code: “MTN.” As of 31st December 2015, MTN recorded 232.5 million subscribers across its operations in Afghanistan, Benin, Botswana, Cameroon, Cote d’Ivoire, Cyprus, Ghana, Guinea Bissau, Guinea Republic, Iran, Liberia, Nigeria, Republic of Congo (Congo-Brazzaville), Rwanda, South Africa, Sudan, South Sudan, Swaziland, Syria, Uganda, Yemen and Zambia. Visit us at, www.mtnbusiness.com, www.mtn.com and www.mtnmmo.com
For more information, please contact:
Wendy Angu’ Deyo