The Inspector General of Police Gen Kale Kayihura has reshuffled 41 senior police officers.
The affected officers were part of the team that completed a three month intermediate leadership command course at the Oliver Reginald Tambo Military School in Kaweweta, in April this year.
Following the completion of their training, the officers were given a two-week leave by the Police Human Resource Director, Moses Balimoyo pending re-deployment.
However, their deployment was not effected despite the fact that the deployment committee handed the IGP the transfer list in July this year.
A source in the IGP’s office attributed the delay to deploy the officers on influence peddling by some politicians and business people.
IGP Kayihura set up a team led by Joel Aguma, the deputy director crime intelligence to re-evaluate the officers who had been listed by the deployment committee.
The committee vetted the officers for one month and completed the work in September.
A committee member who preferred anonymity because he is not the official spokesperson of the police, says their mandate was to sieve out officers believed to be loyal to former premier Amama Mbabazi as well one of the directors of police, Andrew Felix Kaweesi.
It is a loud secret within the police that Kaweesi is believed to be a loyal cadre of the former NRM secretary general and now presidential candidate, Mbabazi.
Police spokesperson Fred Enanga, however, says, “the transfers and deployment are normal and backed by the police standing orders and thus there is no need to speculate.”
- ASP Mugizi Felix confirmed as DPC Kira Central Division for his exemplary performance while acting as DPC for the same Division. He should be earmarked for intermediate command and staff course after Election.
- ASP Twala Peter transferred from Namayingo where he had been OC Stataion and appointed DPC Kiira East, Kakira.
- SP Beinomugisha Tom transferred from Namutumba and appointed DPC Kiira North Division, Buwenge.
- SP Akoth Caroline transferred from Mayuge appointed Deputy RPC Busoga East .
- SSP Onechan Stephen report to Directorate HRD for the coming intermediate and command course.
- SP Sempala Bashir transferred from Kween and appointed DPC Namutumba
- SP Odoki Denis transferred from Buliisa and appointed DPC Mayuge.
- ASP Tayebwa Appolo who has been acting DPC Mayuge is noted for his good performance and remains OC station Mayuge. He should be earmarked for intermediate command and staff course after Election.
- ASP Mwesigye Vincent remains DPC Iganga and should be shortlisted for intermediate command and staff course after Election.
- ASP Abigaba Godfrey remains DPC Namayingo
- ASP Kyeyune Edrisa remain DPC Bugiri
- SP Kintu Henry transferred and appointed DPC Kaliiro
- SP Muheirwe Keneth remains DPC Buyende
- ASP Asimwe Samuel transferred and appointed DPC Kamuli
- ASP Odong Samuel confirmed DPC Luuka because his effective performance as acting DPC
- SP Madira Samuel from Buwengi to Buikwe as DPC
- ASP Chebene Rodgers who has been acting DPC Buvuma is confirmed as substantive DPC after exhibiting effective command abilities. He should be earmarked for intermediate command and staff course after Election.
- SP Katumba Christopher remains DPC Njeru Division,
- DPC Kidima Fred transferred from Zombo and appointed Deputy RPC Wamala
- SP Wabwire Alex transferred from Butaleja and appointed DPC Mubende.
- ASP Mafundo Emmanuel transferred from Ngora and appointed DPC Mityana
- ASP Busheija Hannington transfer from Kajansi and appointed DPC Kiboga
- SP Nahabwe Victor transferred from Kabong and appointed DPC Kyankwanzi
- SP Wataka paul transferred from Lwengo and appointed DPC Luwero
- ASP Nsaba Charles transfered and appointed DPC Nakasongola
- ASP Asiimwe Justus transferred and appointed DPC Nakaseke
- SP Kimera Sseguya transferred from Lamwo and appointed DPC Mpigi
- SP Kayongo Musa remains DPC Butambala
- ASP Byaruhanga Didas who has been acting DPC Gomba is appointed substantive DPC Gomba because of his effective performance in his acting capacity.
- SP Robert Walugembe is transferred from Ssembabule and appointed Deputy RPC Masaka
- SP Gobolo Julius transferred from Busia and appointed DPC Rakai
- SP Katunngwesi Anatoli Ignis transferred from Kotido and appoint DPC Ssembabule
- ASP Mwawule John remains DPC Masaka
- ASP Zaake Latif transferred from Mityana and appointed DPC Kalungu
- SP Musisi Richard transferred to Kalangala as DPC
- ASP Magyezi Jaffar who has been acting DPC Mbarara is confirmed as substantive DPC because of his effective performance
- ASP Byaruhanga Mworozi remains DPC Kiruhura
- ASP Kawonawo Baker remains DPC Ntungamo
- SP Bindeeba Dickens transferred from Mbarara to Kabale District
- ASP Ngako Abbey transferred from Amuru to Kisoro as DPC
- SP Kyaligonza Edward transferred from Nakasongola and appointed deputy RPC Savanah region
Police says the transfers/appointments take immediate effect and more transfers to follow.