I hate to sound like a Prophet of Doom, but expect some local artistes, to be beaten soon when launching their so called “new Albums”.
Most of them now prefer using a live band, without taking enough time to practice.
The music that we are used to listening to, sounds totally different and the sound output is always poor. Ugandans feel cheated and get pissed.
These are my top 7 artistes (in no particular order) that will always rock when they use a live band.
- Maurice Kirya. A multiple award winning Ugandan artiste, who has been in the industry for more than 10 years doing what he does best, singing and song writing. His live performances are just amazing.
- Isaiah Katumwa. Is a Ugandan jazz musician and saxophonist. His concerts are the most expensive in the country and attracts the biggest money spenders around. His live band concerts are Simply Fantastic.
- Bebe Cool. He owns a band and no wonder, his songs always Sound Better Live than on CD.
- Dr.Jose Chameleone. He spends a lot time practicing with Ub5 (a local band).He has mastered the act of live band music. Just attend any of his Album launches, you will feel that it was money well spent.
- Juliana Kanyomozi. Popularly known as Juliana, is a musician, actress, and entertainer. She knows how to reach out to the audience and make them sing along.
- Irene Ntare .She is a new kid on the block and an excellent guitar player. She is just amazing playing live.
- Sarah Zawede. She is a Ugandan music diva, vocalist and CEO Zawee band. She been in the local music scene for some time now. Her Band plays top quality music.
Upcoming artistes, should stick to playing CD’s for now, instead of teaming up with very local bands that will always let them down.