Huawei Consumer Business Group (Uganda) has today unveiled two new entry-level smartphones dubbed ‘Huawei Y3 II and Y5 II’ from its Y-series generation of smartphones.
Speaking during the unveil, Jean Baguma Marketing Manager Huawei Device Uganda said, ‘Huawei continues to develop innovations, advanced technology, outstanding features and strong functionality based on customer needs with an aim of enhancing their experiences and creating maximum value onevery single device.’ To this end, Huawei is pleased to announce the launch of two entry-level smartphones, Huawei Y3 II and Y5 II that are primarily meant for that first-time smartphone owner, or that person that is upgrading from a feature phone to a smartphone and as well are meant forthat person on a budget but would like a quick replacement of a phone.’
Baguma explained that both smartphones are affordable and available countrywide at all Huawei affiliated dealer shops and distributors, with retail prices ranging from 240,000 – 260,000Ushs for the Huawei Y3 II and 330,000 – 360,000 Ushs for the Y5 II.
In 2012, Huawei became the world’s third-largest smartphone manufacturer and was the first Chinese company to sell more than 100 million mobile phones in one year – 2015, with products and services available in more than 170 countries. Huawei’s key to success has been its continuous Research &Development and introducing disruptive products which are of greater quality for a reasonable price. Huawei currently only produces smartphones and envisages that by 2021, it shall be the leading global smartphone producer.
Huawei Y3 II and Y5 II are almost similar in specifications, varying slightly only on a few features.
• Easy Key Feature. Both the HuaweiY3 II and Y5 IIsmartphones come with a unique feature named ‘Easy Key’, which is a function that gives the user a shorter path to their favourite content with a simple press, double-press or press-and- hold.
• Rainbow Light.The Y3 II device has a feature dubbed ‘Rainbow Light’, which enables the smartphone to light up when one gets a call, communicating alerts and notifications in vibrant colour around the rear camera.
• Camera.Huawei Y3 II sports a 5 megapixel primary camera and 2 megapixel front camera. The Y5 II comes with an eight megapixel rear camera and 2 megapixel front camera with flash.The Y5 II front camera comes with a flash adding a new dimension for selfies.
• Colours: Both gadgets are accessible in two unique colours; Black and white.
• Display and Resolution. Huawei Y3 II features a smaller 4.5-inch FWVGA screen as compared to Y5 II that comes with a 5-inch HD display. The Huawei Y3 II’s 4.5 – inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen show has 218 ppi of pixels thickness that gives the 854 x 480 pixels of screen resolutions. The Huawei Y5 II’s 5.0 – inch of IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen show has 294 ppi of pixels thickness which gives the 1280 x 720 pixels of presentation resolutions.
• Operating System. Both smartphones run on Android 5.1 Lollipop on top of EMUI 3.1. While the Y3 II 3G is powered by quad-core MediaTek MT6582M SoC processor, clocked at 1GHz.
• Memory and Storage. Both smartphones come with 1 GB RAM, 8 GB memory of insidein-constructed memory that can further be expandable up to 32 GB with the microSD card opening.
• Processor and GPU. These new Smartphones are fuelled with a Quad – Core 1.3 GHz Cortex processor with the MediaTek MT6735 chipset and are conveying Mali – T720 MP2 GPU.
• Battery. The Huawei Y3 II and Y5 II are backed by 2,100 mAh and 2,200 mAh battery respectively.
• Connectivity.The smartphones are equipped for three transporters; GSM (2G), HSPA (3G) and LTE (4G). They also have WiFi with Hotspot, Bluetooth v4.0, GPRS, EDGE, GPS, USB, with A – GPS and Radio.