Chief of Defence Forces [CDF] Gen Katumba Wamala has said the army will investigate circumstances that led to the death of eight people including women and children at Makindye military barracks.
On Thursday, Sgt Isaac Obua of military police Makindye shot and killed seven people.
The killer himself was put out of action.
Capt Edward Birungi, the spokesperson of Military police said the soldier initially wanted to kill his wife.
“We condole with the families,” Gen Katumba said in a message.
He added: “We will investigate the cause to the bottom.”
Army spokesperson Lt Col Paddy Ankunda said he personally lives to make himself count but never in the sense of hurting anyone.
He described the Makindye killer as a disgrace.
Last week, court martial in Kanungu district sentenced Lance Corporal Moses Katwesigye to 6o years in prison for killing eight people.
Cpl Fred Kugonza attached to Bombo Headquarters, Band Section on Saturday shot dead Maureen Nyangoma, a resident of Kigumba Town Council, Kiryandongo District.