Makindye Court Martial Chairman Lt Gen Andrew Gutti has Monday officially assumed the office to which he was appointed following the death of Maj Gen Levi Karuhanga.
The ceremony presided over by deputy Chief of Defence Forces [CDF] Lt Gen Charles Angina, saw Gutti and his 21-member committee take oath to serve without fear or favour.
Speaking at the event, Gen Angina recalled the contribution of former Court Martial Chairman, the late Karuhanga.
He urged the new team to emulate Karuhanga’s work ethic so as to reduce the case backlog at the army court.
Angina said during his time in the army court, they used to start court at 8am after a heavy breakfast and have lunch at 5pm.
In his inaugural speech, Gutti promised to adhere to the best work schedule to address the case backlog.
He also warned court board members against leaking court’s secrets to the public or taking bribes for that matter.
Gutti said he would not tolerate laziness or bribery during his term.
The new army court team:
1) Lt. General Andrew Gutti – Chairman
2) Col. John B Mulindwa – Member
3) Lt. Col. Agnes Musoke – Member
4) Capt. Stella Karungi – Member
5) Capt. Tom Amme – Member
6) Capt. Aron Natukunda – PC/Member
7) Sgt. Benson Muzoora – Member
8) Lt. Col. Jasper Abeka Onegiu – R/Member
9) Maj. Nathan K Mwesigwa – R/Member
10) Maj. John Nabos Mugisha – R/Member
11) Maj. Ali James Uma – R/Member
12) Maj. Oliver Kagiiraha Komutegeki – R/Member
13) Maj. Christine Nekesa Situma – R/Member
14) Capt. Ronald Kasiga Bwebare – R/Member
15) Capt. Angella Catherine Laker – R/Member
16) Capt. Cyprian Sane Magezi – R/Member
17) Capt. WinnieFred Nyawere Baguma – R/Member
18) WO2. Kisembo John Crysostom – R/Member
19) WO2. Jokene Daniel – R/Member
20) WO2. Mutesi Esther Lubega – R/Member
21) Lt. Col. GT Katinda – J/Advocate
22) Maj. Raphael Mugisha – Prosecutor
23) Maj. Ronal Iduuli – D/Counsel
24) Maj. John Bizimana