Forum for Democratic Change [FDC] has accused first son and Commander of Special Forces of Command [SFC], Maj Gen Muhoozi Kainerugaba of engaging in kidnappings of party officials.
The party alleges that Muhoozi’s elite soldiers abducted Simon Toolit, a former FDC candidate from Gulu town.
According to the party, Toolit was held at Summit view, Kololo hill barracks incommunicado.
“They want Mr. Simon Tolit, FDC with a court case against Jacob Oulanyah to accept money and drop Parliamentary election petition.”
“Summit view, Kololo hill is a safe house where also PRA suspects used to be tortured and interrogated by Chieftaincy of Military Intelligence [CMI].”
Over the weekend, Toolit was found in Uganda’s capital Kampala.
He reportedly took himself to Kira Road Police Station in the wee hours of Saturday morning where he recorded a statement as part of the ongoing police investigations.
He reportedly told police that he had been abducted from his house in Gulu municipality by unknown people who blindfolded him and drove him to several places, including Kampala before he was forced out of the car at Kira road police.
After losing the elections to Oulanya, Toolit filed a petition challenging the results.
On the day he disappeared, he was expected to appear in court for further hearing of the case.
First son in messy situations
Muhoozi whose boys are accused of masterminding the abduction is also expected in court over a missing officer.
In a case before Justice Yasin Nyanzi, Margret Nabagesera claims her husband staff sergeant Achilles Mukalazi Kyobe, was arrested two months ago by SFC soldiers after he applied for another job.
According to the suit, Nabagesera says her husband who was attached to SFC Kasenyi cell and is currently in detention.
The first son’s recent promotion to the rank of Major General has since generated debates.
According to Gen David Sejusa, President Yoweri Museveni promoted his son and left veterans who participated in the liberation struggle of NRA at lower ranks.
In May 2013, Sejusa wrote a letter suggesting that President Museveni was grooming his son to take over the presidency.
He later went into self imposed exile in the UK in the immediate aftermath before returning back to the country in December of 2014.