Fire guts Lira hospital

liraStaff and patients at Lira Regional Referral Hospital were yesterday thrown into panic after fire caught one of the staff houses.


According to an eye witness, an enrolled nurse, Ojok Tom, left his flat iron in a power socket and went out when power blacked out.


However, power returned in his absence and the flat iron picked the heat and burnt the linen dressed for ironing.


Subsequently, the fire spread and caught other items in the House.


The staff were alerted by the smoke that was oozing from one of the rooms.


They called police’s fire brigade but by the time they came, the staff with the help of some patients had already putout the fire.


The incident happened just hours after fire gutted the building that houses a community radio station QFM based in Lira municipality.

Theinsider Uganda is a news publishing website. We are located at Suite G25 Metroplex Shopping mall, Naalya Kampala Uganda.
Enter ad code here

Copyright © 2016 Theinsider Uganda. Unearthing the truth

To Top