Army sends Sejusa to Court Martial



Gen David Sejusa will appear before the General Court Martial on Tuesday February 2, 2016.

Military police on Saturday, Gen Sejusa from his home in Naguru after a 2-hour siege of his residence.

The officers led by deputy Chief of Defence Forces, Lt Gen. Charles Angina, first searched Sejusa’s home before arresting him and whisking him off to Makindye military barracks.

Maj. Ronald Kakurungu, army 2nd Division Spokesperson, said later that CDF, Gen Katumba Wamala, who had ordered the arrest would later explain.

Media Centre has too confirmed that government will pronounce itself on Sejusa’s arrest tomorrow, Monday.

UPDF spokesperson, Col Paddy Ankunda, says also confirmed Sejusa would appear before the Makindye based court martial on Tuesday.

Meanwhile, Gen. Sejusa’s lawyers have been blocked from seeing him.

Before his arrest, Sejusa said the 2016 elections have already been rigged by the sitting government.

His statement came at the same time social media rumours indicated that the plane which brought Ugandan presidential ballot papers “made a stopover at Kigali international airport” and left some ballots in Rwanda.

There is no evidence to substantiate this allegation.

However, on Friday, Sejusa appeared on a local radio, CBS FM’s Nze nga Bwendaba (The Way I see it) programme where he reportedly said President Museveni has already rigged the February 18 polls.

Sejusa rallied the public to prepare for a people’s revolution saying a dictatorship can only be dismantled.

Dr. Vincent Magombe, the Secretary Free Uganda Leadership Committee announced in a statement said they [freedom fighters] would not back down.

Old ghosts

Sejusa rushed to exile in UK in May 2013 after authoring a document demanding an investigation into an alleged assassination plot against officials opposed to perceived presidential ambitions by First Son Brig Muhoozi Kainerugaba.

He returned in December 2014 seeking to be retired from the army so he could lead a liberation struggle.

Sejusa has served in the army for 34 years.

He even sued the army Commissions and Promotions Board to the High Court for refusing to retire him last year.

He also said the army had not paid his salary and allowances for a long period of time.

The government has never charged Sejusa for the alleged “Muhoozi project”.

When he returned from exile, Sejusa met Museveni at State House Entebbe and the two reportedly reconciled.

Sejusa later said Museveni had retired him from the forces citing the army’s decision to take back their uniforms, guns and house.

Sejusa also claimed that FDC candidate, Kizza Besigye, won the 2006 elections and that Museveni rigged him out with the help of the army.

Government dismissed the allegation but its not clear yet whether it also forgot.

Theinsider Uganda is a news publishing website. We are located at Suite G25 Metroplex Shopping mall, Naalya Kampala Uganda.
Enter ad code here

Copyright © 2016 Theinsider Uganda. Unearthing the truth

To Top