Fire brigade was called to contain the fire and evacuate people from the building before the fire could spread to the entire building.
The cause of the fire which started at around 11:10 could not be established but police says they are investigating.
Police quickly evacuated dozens of people who were at the Mall as soon as the fire broke out.
Located along Acacia Road in Kololo, the beautiful structure was slightly damaged by the raging flames.
No casualties were confirmed by authorities.
The mall is frequented by the middle class for classy food, shopping and recreational services.
Ugandans used social media platforms to share pictures and videos of the fire.
According to a statement released on Monday night, the mall management clarified that the fire broke out in a kitchen belonging to one of the tenants but was put out quickly.
“The source of the fire was quickly located and put out using extinguishers that were in the tenants’ premises,” read part of the statement.
The statement further states that there were no injuries recorded during the incident and that the evacuation was just a safety procedure.
“No person was hurt or injured during the incident. The management would like to assure the public that Acacia Mall will be open on Tuesday October 11th for business as usual,” the statement further reads further without divulding details of the cause of the fire.