Following the issue of regional balance in the recently appointed shadow cabinet, the opposition’s failure to appoint somebody from the Uganda People’s Congress (UPC) created serious debate.
However what majority have not looked at is the appointment of three members from Kasese district as shadow cabinet ministers.
The appointment the Busongora North Member of Parliament Hon.William Nzoghu as shadow minister of Works, Kasese municipality Hon. Robert Centenary as Tourism shadow minister and Hon. Katushabe Godfrey as Foreign Affairs shadow minister is also something the public has highlighted as not being fair.
However some have continues to say that the appointment has no problem as long as the selected people are able to deliver because what Uganda needs is services delivery.
Other critics have also said that Hon.Winnie Kizza has majorly appointed the members who are pro-Mugisha Muntu who is the party president of the Forum for Democratic Change (FDC) leaving out the team on former FDC president Dr.Kizza Besigye.
1. Winnie Kizza – Leader of Opposition
- Niwagaba Wilfred – Attorney General
- Medard Segoona – Constitutional Affairs
- Akol Anthony – Finance
- Adeke Ann – Youth & Children
- Ariko Herbert – Public Service
- Akello Lucy – Gender
- Gonahasa Francis – Agriculture
- Ongiertho Emmanuel – Education
- Allan Ssewanyana – Sports
- Olanya Gilbert – Defense
- Muwanga Kivumbi – Internal Affairs
- Mathias Mpuuga – Presidency
- Michael Kabaziguruka – KCCA
- Katushabe Godfrey – Foreign Affairs
- Apollo Kantinti – Information
- Nzoghu William – Works
- Oguzu Denis – Science & Technology
- Centenary Robert – Tourism
- Zaake Francis – Industries
- Ochen Julius – Health
- Sizoomu Gershom – Disaster Preparedness